We have had 6 sets of visitors; 4 in the past 5 weeks.
We painted 3 rooms.
We have had between 1 and 4 men working on our house for 3 months:
- repaired 3 of 4 entrances to the house: front porch, back porch, back deck. (Only the front breezeway remains untouched, and it needs work.)
- added 7 overhead lights and replaced 3 fixtures.
- added 8 new electrical circuits.
- replaced 7 sill plates due to rot. 1 remains to be fixed.
- rebuilt 1 entire wall and part of another.
- removed 51 shutters for painting. They have not yet been replaced.
- added 6 handrails at stairways.
- painted 20 exterior walls on the first floor and 6 on the second.
- added 1 hot water heater
- repaired 2 sewer lines and 2 leaks
- replaced 1 section of wood flooring
- added 1 whole-house attic fan and 2 gable vents
- relined 1 chimney, decommissioned 1, inspected 1
All together, we have dealt with 130 items.
And we are not finished yet.
But isn't it looking wonderful?